Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Crazy-Busy Life

I really don't know what I would ever do if I wasn't so busy all the time.  Have I mentioned lately that in addition to all my normal hecticness, I've added "Girl Scout Troop Leader" to my many credentials and time commitments?  If I'm going to be taking my daughter there and back anyway, and I wanna spend more time with her, why not?  I'm a Cadette leader and tomorrow she is taking the huge step of bridging from being a Brownie to a Junior! Yay Beau!!  I will definitely have to post some pictures!!  I know she's not under me yet, but we still get to go to all the events together, and have a lot of fun doing it!!  After tomorrow's ceremony (which our Troop Leader so sweetly convinced me to develop/write/orchestrate) we have our end of year trip on May 20, and maybe we'll plan a summer activity.  We'd really like to do some camping, which will serve dual purpose because my girls can earn badges doing that.

I'm almost done with school for this semester.  With all the chaos of my Scrappy losing insurance, and the endless meetings we've been going through, and the endless stacks of paperwork (not to mention how horribly far behind I've gotten with my housework!!!) I had to drop a couple classes, so I won't graduate until fall now.  I have one more class this semester and that will be the end of May, which isn't so bad.  It's only 3 days.

Then there's my business.  It's slowing down a little bit again - which is a HUGE frustration.  I'm hoping to come up with enough money to be able to do the fair this year, which would help me to get a lot more leads.  I'm looking for the chance to attend any events coming up soon to help get my name out again too!!!

And the walk.  This will be my family's 4th year participating in the walk.  Great Strides for Cystic Fibrosis, that is.  It used to be a 10k, but now is a 5k.  You can learn more about why we walk by visiting www.cff.org/great_strides/  We only have 1 week until the Walk - May 5th.  Unfortunately I'm a little out of practice and need to get my butt moving again... I've kinda been slacking on the workouts, but I haven't been feeling so wonderful - not to mention the S.T.R.E.S.S.!!!!!

Hopefully the stress will lessen soon... we got Scrappy's TEFRA application turned in with all the paperwork.  Too bad the life insurance company is still fighting us.  I need to call the information desk at the hospital again to see what the status is from them.  I told my hubby I think we need a lawyer.  I'm going to call and make an appointment with Legal Aid on Monday.

Here's a picture of my cutie with his bear.  He thought the bear needed to wear some big-boy underpants too :)

Have you ever seen a bear, wearing underwear, down by the bay? lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment