Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Pantry Challenge Day 1

 Today was the first full day from the Pantry Challenge.  Well, I should say, pantry fridge and freezer challenge.  It was pretty easy today!

For breakfast we usually kinda fend for ourselves unless it's the weekend or special occasion.  The boys often have breakfast before I get up because, let's face it, I'm NOT a morning person!  They often get up before Daddy leaves for work at 730, but I don't get up until 8 or 830 (9 if I'm lucky!!)  Scrappy has a tendency to just give Monkey a granola bar since he's not a cereal eater. Sometimes we change it up with peanut butter toast.

Scrappy likes oatmeal or cereal or yogurt with cereal or granola.  Rarely he'll make an egg.

I'm more of a Maltomeal or yogurt and granola breakfast person... sometimes an egg... 

So, I rarely "plan" breakfasts.

Today, Monkey had a granola bar and peanut butter toast, Scrappy grazed on all kinds of stuff before finally making a bowl of oatmeal, and I had some raspberry yogurt with granola cereal.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday: Italian dunkers: the rest of the garlic Texas toast from the freezer - mine and Scrappy's with some cheese on it, and some leftover spaghetti sauce warmed up.

For supper I made a banana chocolate chip baked oatmeal and sausage patties. 


I was making an apple cinnamon one for a friend, so I threw one together for us while I had all the stuff out already.  (There isn't much left.... that may be breakfast tomorrow - depending on if Princess eats it tonight after work!!)

I've started planning a little bit of the week out.  I'm not sure how true to the schedule I'm going to be able to stay.  I haven't plugged in lunches yet because if I cook depends on how much leftovers we have.  Except tomorrow since I know we don't have much.

I have a list of some foods in the fridge I'm trying to work into my plan because I don't want to throw them out.  Here is this week's plan (so far!)

Wednesday: breakfast: yogurt & granola for me and Scrappy, freezer waffles for Monkey

lunch: Egg roll ravioli (using up some egg roll wrappers) stuffed with veggies, eggs, and cottage cheese with a garlic scape pesto

supper: Egg rolls with cabbage, carrots, and Italian sausage, veggie fried rice, and dessert egg rolls

Thursday (work day): supper: Pancakes with blueberry sauce

Friday: supper: chicken tacos (I have a couple big packages - about 5# each - of taco seasoned chicken in the freezer)

Saturday: lunch: chicken tortilla soup or white chicken chili

supper: Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes


Like I said, this is the plan.  I'll see how well we can stick to it.  I'm hoping to get a chance to go through the freezer and see what else I have in there.  I want to cook up and can some of my dried beans since I'm low on canned beans.  I haven't seen a really good sale on them lately.  I did get some kidney beans in chili sauce.

Let's see how well we do!!


What did YOU make today?

No comments:

Post a Comment