Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A whole new life...

is going to be starting tomorrow.  I went to meet with the dietitian today.  Exactly what I thought would happen was confirmed. 

I got a phone call from the doctor's office last night.  When he ordered the blood draw, they measured my A1C, which has to do with blood glucose.  My results came back at 6.1, which they told me is at the top of the normal range. 

Today the dietitian told me that it puts me into the classification of 'pre-diabetic.'  I already knew that my chance of Type 2 is higher because of having gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy.  Now, being pre-diabetic, I'm back on the diabetic diet.

Except it's not a diet.

It's a permanent change.

Goodbye pasta, mac and cheese, and instant mashed potatoes :(  Only a total of 45 g of carbs allowed per meal.  But the carbs add up quick, considering there are carbs in milk.  I need to start looking up recipes that are low carb/no carb.  This is going to be HARD!!!  And giving up most of my soda too!  Just one can a day.... better start stocking up on the Mio and generic brands of it too!!  (Can't have Crystal Light cuz it has aspartame, which gives me migraines.)

Well, gotta get some homework done now.  Did some canning today - 21 quarts of spaghetti sauce!  Lots more tomatoes to do tomorrow after TOPS too!!  Gonna be a BUSY day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment