Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another Year

As the year is coming to a close, I look back and came to a realization.  I really didn't do anything this year.  Nothing memorable really.  Basically a year wasted away, days blurring into one another. 

I'm back where I started with my weight loss.  I haven't been to TOPS in 2 months because lack of motivation and because I don't want to deal with one of the nasty old ladies there.

There have been a lot of decisions made.  Now actions need to be taken on the decisions. 

Our house is currently under construction, as we are adding on to the back of the house.  But I don't want the new part to be overrun with junk and crap.  All the chaos has been greatly contributing to my anxiety.  That is why I have taken a little time to find some 'tools' to help me control the chaos.  I'll share more on the specific websites as I apply some of the methods, and report on the effectiveness of the methods.  I know, not everything works for everyone.  I need to figure out what works for me.

Since tomorrow is New Year's Eve, I've already made a list of what my resolutions are for the new year.

1) I am going to give myself designated time to update my blog at least 2x per week.

2) I am going to have office hours at least 1x per week so I can get some work done with my businesses.  Even if it is just filing or sending emails!

3) I'm going to focus more on my weight loss.  I have 3 steps to this:
  1. Going back to TOPS weekly - even if it's only for weigh in and I can't stay for the meeting
  2. Tracking all of my food and water (since I know I don't drink enough water)
  3. Do some sort of exercise every day, even if I can't get to the gym
4)  Organize and PURGE - get rid of stuff!!!  I am already starting on this one.  I have a box started for garage sale stuff, a box for the Epilepsy stuff, and a tote with clothes for my favorite consignment store (the last time I bought stuff there, I paid $0.13 for 2 pairs of like-new jeans for Scrappy since I had money on account from previous sales.)  I've also learned what items she likes, so when I took the last batch in, she kept it all :)  I will definitely be posting pictures!!

5) Spend a little more Me-Time - I want to set up morning and evening routines for myself because a lot of days, my personal stuff is waylaid because of something or another of the kids'. 

The dishes are calling my name and the cupboards aren't emptying themselves.... so onward I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment