Thursday, February 8, 2018

Eat ALL the things

Today is Day 5 of my Whole45.  (It's still Whole30, but I'm planning on going for 45 days instead.)  I know we're not supposed to weigh during it, but I had a doctor's appointment today and they HAD to weigh me.  SO I can say I KNOW I'm making progress in that department even though weight isn't the point of the program. Yay me!!

Last night I made shepherd's pie using this recipe as a guide.  I never would have thought of pureed mushrooms and onions working as a gravy!!!  I did adapt the gravy a bit because I didn't have all the stuff... I had canned mushrooms on hand, and no bone broth, so I pureed the mushrooms and onions with a little bit of water BEFORE cooking them and added a little bit of nutritional yeast to it for a little bit extra flavor.  I added cauliflower, broccoli, and spinach for veggies, and used white potatoes since I didn't have any sweet potatoes.  It must have been good if my husband and both boys ate it!!  (Princess was at youth group so she didn't eat supper at home.

I know the timeline predicts Days 4-5 as Kill ALL The Things, but I don't think I've been in an unpleasant mood at all.  At least, not without justification.  Of course, every mom is going to get out of sorts at the teen or boys when they're being naughty or mouthy or whatever.  But around here, it's just been... life.

No comments:

Post a Comment