Tuesday, February 6, 2018

New Challenges

It's always fun to take on new challenges and to try out new things.  Shortly before the new year, I was looking at planner ideas - again - since I can never find a planner I like and that works for me. I don't remember exactly how I found it but somehow I stumbled across Bullet Journaling on this awesome website. I'm not going to lie - I'm not nearly as creative as 98% of the people I see posting on Instagram or in the Facebook groups, and I can't letter worth a dang, but I still have fun doing it, and I really enjoy being semi-organized.  I love having all my lists in one place!

One day while navigating around her website, I got to reading about Kara's routine and read her review about The Miracle Morning.  I am not, and never have been, a morning person.  Not by a long shot.  So I read up a little more on what it was about.

THIS
BOOK
IS
LIFE
CHANGING

SERIOUSLY!

I never thought I would say that about a book!  I hear all the hype about this or that being so amazing, but this is the first time I have ever experienced it myself!!  I am currently on Miracle Morning #40.  I admit, I have slacked a little the last few days with Scrappy being sick and all, but still.  You can tell it's working when even you teenage Princess notices a difference in you!

I also just started my first round of Whole30.  I am currently on Day 3.  It actually isn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I gave up Coke on Christmas Eve, so I don't have that demon to fight.  I do go through caffeine withdrawals, so I have a coffee a day.  I tried "bullet proof coffee" - that is definitely NOT for me!!  I must say, I do miss my creamer!  I went to Wintergreen Co-op today and bought Nutpods nondairy creamer and it actually wasn't too bad.  I wish they had a flavored one instead of just the original, but it'll work for now.  I did put my request in, so we'll see if Patti orders it. 

I bought a bunch of nuts there yesterday, including almonds to make almond butter and sunflower seeds to make sunbutter.  I also got some nutritional yeast to try.  I wasn't too sure about that at first, so I only got a small amount, then came home and read more about it.  After reading up on its savory qualities, I decided to add some to my bowl of soup at suppertime.  It took my yummy soup to OMG!! soup.  WOW!!  Going to have to get some more of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment