Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

We had to run to the store this morning so I could get a few things I needed to make goodies to take to my aunt's tonight.  We also decided we're going to Christmas Eve service at 4pm today so we don't have to fight with the kids tomorrow to get them away from their toys.  Pastor said both services will be the same.  Plus, with there not being Sunday School, I think the kids will be more cooperative this afternoon.

So what easy treats am I taking today?  My super easy fudge - one batch with nuts, one without (I honestly don't remember where I got the recipe from) and a pan of cream cheese bars that I got the recipe from a former coworker.  Oh yes, I will be posting the recipes :)  Breakfast tomorrow will be Amish baked oatmeal with bananas and raisins since I can mix it up tonight and just bake it in the morning.

We are trying to decide exactly how to keep with our usual tradition.  I always let the kids open one present on Christmas Eve.  For the past few years, we just spent a quiet Christmas Eve at our house.  So the dilemma - do we let the kids open a present before we go to my aunt's, or after we get home?  It's not unusual for the party to last into the wee hours of the morning.  Being the party poopers with 2 young kids, our plan is to be home around 8:30 or 9.  We still have more presents to wrap and I'm sure the kids will be up pretty early.  We have Scrappy's treatments to do too, which adds another half hour to the schedule.  I wonder which of the kids will be up first? (My bet is on Scraps - he rarely sleeps past 7!)

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas Eve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment