Friday, December 23, 2011

Secret Santa

Hubby got home about 9:45 last night from work.  I waited for him, then headed to bed around 10.  I didn't have much energy yesterday afternoon.  Scrappy refused to nap, instead going up to the room he and his sister share and they played Barbies while Mama took a short snooze in the recliner.  After supper, the two of them headed back upstairs to play while I vegged out in my recliner and wrote my blog and watched a little tv.  I skipped my workout because I could hardly stay awake to write my entry.

Today was Beau's first day of winter break.  Scrappy crawled in bed with me after daddy got up and slept for a while but decided 7:40 would be a good time to get up, which is ok except I was hoping to sleep in a little more since I wake up quite often during the night.  I'm not a light sleeper - hubby says I can sleep through almost anything.  Except the sleep doesn't last long.  It's not uncommon for me to wake up 4 or 5 times during the night.  I usually have no idea what time it is since I can't see the clock without my glasses or contacts.  It seems to take forever to get back to sleep though.

After the kids had breakfast, I read a little more on my favorite blog (which I discovered a couple months ago - but I'm going back and catching up from the beginning, just a little at a time!) and they went upstairs to play again.  After a little while I dozed off again, only to be woken by Beau yelling at me about how mean her little brother is.  He was crabby and wanted his way, and she wanted to complain about every little thing he did.  Finally I told them if they couldn't play NICE, they weren't going to play upstairs or with Barbies anymore.

I didn't get my workout in this morning either (maybe that was today's problem!).  My back was sore and I was tired (excuses, I know).  I was supposed to head over to my bestie's house to help her make Christmas treats this morning.  I waited for her call to say she was ready.  She didn't text me until 11:45 to say she had JUST woken up! LOL!!  I was in the process of making lunch for me and the kids - leftovers.  Scrappy hasn't been wanting to eat too much lately, but for some reason pb&j seemed to hit the perfect spot for him and he ate almost a full half of his sandwich!!  I finally talked to her after lunch.  We had to pick up some meds for Beau since she's still kind of barking from her bout with croup.  It was 3:30 by the time we finally got over there.  We had a good time making treats, in spite of neither of us having much energy.  (Hubby thinks that if I would have done my workout, I wouldn't have been so tired.  Probably right.  And I probably wouldn't have been so tired if I would've made my pot of coffee before noon too!!)

We have our Christmas shopping done, save for a few more stocking stuffers.  I have to make the goodies to take to my aunt's house tomorrow too.  It doesn't feel like Christmas though.  And I don't mean because of all that has happened.  I mean because there is NO SNOW on the ground - and for Minnesota, that is very odd!!!  And it's supposed to be 40 degrees on Christmas Day!  That's just not right!  But there is definitely plenty of Christmas spirit going around and it has traveled to Minnesota.  I've been hearing and reading news articles about 'secret Santas' who have been paying off people's layaways at various stores, particularly in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, and a few other places.  Well, we had a visit from a secret Santa of our own!!  One of hubby's co-workers (who doesn't have children of his own) bought and wrapped some presents for our kids, as did his mother-in-law, and signed them from Santa a few days ago.  Today, hubby went out to his van after work to find a couple more presents - these ones unwrapped - sitting on his van with a note saying they were from Santa.  His boss said he saw the gifts sitting there, but has no idea where they came from, and either does anyone else.  It's nice to see the Christmas spirit spreading so much.  I just wish there was something we could do to thank the person who gave it to the kids.

It really looks like this Christmas is going to be a special one for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment