Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fair Week

I still haven't figured out why it's the "6 best days of summer" because honestly I could do with only 3 days, but  it is what it is.  I'm sitting out here, in the heat and humidity (which is actually kinda low on both aspects right now) trying to make contacts, trying to talk to people, trying to expand on my business.  


It's fun seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while.  Honestly there are a few people I've seen that I'd rather avoid, but that hasn't been too much of a problem either.  I had debated if it would be worth the expense of spending all week at the booth and paying out for it, but I'm at a point that I'm not sure what else to do to make new contacts.  So here I am!!!


My display actually looks pretty good







and my husband was pretty creative at setting up a display for my wall hangings.




Who would have thought some shelves set up on end would work to display pictures?  Just zip-tied them together and voila!


My hubby is bringing the kids out tonight.  We usually make the kids save up their own money to use at the fair, but this past year has been quite the exception to the rule.  I picked up some discounted wrist band passes for them.  Fortunately we don't have to worry about paying to get into the fair, though, because I get a couple Exhibitor passes that cover one adult admission plus parking.  They seem to cover the kids too, since we've never been charged for them.  Otherwise I'm not sure we'd be coming out this year.


It looks like we're going to be doing some demo in the very near future.  I talked to our contractor, and the trusses are ready (finally!), so he'll be starting soon.  I can't wait to finally have an office area!!  Beau is excited about her new room, of course.  And I'm sure Scraps is going to love all the new area to play in.


My homework is calling - I'm trying to take advantage of the quiet study time I have in between customers (it's pretty slow during the day).





No comments:

Post a Comment