Saturday, August 11, 2012

First touches of fall

We started canning this week already.  I went to the cabin after TOPS to help Opa with a batch of salsa.  Well, I helped the best I could.

I woke up with a little bit of back pain.  Back pain isn't all that odd for me since my car accident in 1999, and it's not uncommon for me to knock it out of whack.  Well, that seems to be what I did because by the time we were done with lunch, I would almost black out from the pain.  I didn't dare go in to the doctor until after hubby got off work because I wouldn't be able to wrangle both kids while talking to the doc.  I hung out at the cabin, sitting on the stool to stir the salsa and chopping veggies at the table.  We got 34 jars done!  On Monday, Opa is going to help me with my first batch of applesauce for the year.

When hubby got off work, I followed him home so we could drop off the truck before we went to the hospital.  By that time our only option was the ER since Urgent Care was already closed.  We were only there about half an hour, which is almost unheard of!  The doc diagnosed me as having "chronic back pain" since it's an ongoing issue.  He sent some meds out for me to get at the pharmacy, which seem to be helping.  Prednisone and 800 mg ibuprofen for the swelling and the pain, flexeril for the muscle spasms that about knock me out.  And of course the horrible recommendation of bed rest.  I have WAAAYYYY too much to do to be on bed rest!!

Beau had gone to spend the night at my uncle's house last night, so I had to run up and get her this morning.  Tonight she had to pack for the next few days because she's leaving tomorrow for Girl Scout camp.  She'll be gone for 4 days and 3 nights and it going to be 2 hours away.  None of the other girls from our troop are going to this one as far as we know.  It will be a good opportunity for her to meet new friends.  I just hope she doesn't get scared....

No comments:

Post a Comment