Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A World of Pain!!

I spent some time over the long weekend doing some of what I wanted to do and some of what I had to do.  Some cooking, some cleaning.  I got my sewing machine out and started on a quilt project.  I'm determined this year to make many of the Christmas presents for my family, especially since we have such a large family.  It can get quite expensive buying gift for everyone!!  In case any of them happen to read this, I can't say what I'm making 

When I woke up Sunday morning, my back was pretty sore.  I attributed it to spending a couple hours sewing on Saturday.  As the day wore on, my back pain got worse and worse.  By the time Girl Scouts was done, I was having trouble standing up straight.  By Sunday night, it was literally difficult to breathe at times because of the pain. I took one of my flexeril (was prescribed it for muscle spasms in my back) and an 800 mg ibuprofen (also given the last time I was having severe back pain).  I used the last of the muscle rub too...  It was excruciating to even attempt to roll over in bed!!

Monday it was even worse :(  I went to take a shower, thinking the pain might diminish.  WRONG!!  I had debated staying home, but I had plans to do one last batch of canning with my Opa, and the meat wasn't going to keep much longer without processing.  At least I could do most of the work sitting!!  (We ended up doing 2 batches - 18 pints in the first, 16 in the second - that's a lot of food!!)

Today I kept Beau home from school because her head was hurting.  Scrappy stayed home with a mild fever.  And I was chair-bound from the pain of my back - still!  After my hubby got home, I finally figured out that since we don't have a heating pad, I can just make one.  I have a sewing machine and plenty of rice.  BEST. FEELING. EVER.  I honestly don't know  why I didn't do it sooner!!!  It is soooo soothing.  I really hope this alleviates the pain, since I can't really afford a trip to the doctor (and wouldn't want to with all the flu going around) and going to the chiropractor will require multiple trips.  It would also hurt like crazy!! 

I'm going to relax with my heating pad for a while now and see if this does the trick.  I feel bogged down since I haven't been able to exercise or go walking like this... we'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment